February 2, 2014

SUPERBOWL COOKIES

I don't care much for either of the teams in the superbowl this year (I really only care about football when the Packers are involved) but I'm still joining the rest of the country in eating good food and enjoying the commercials.  We're heading over to my grandparents where my grandma is making her famous three bean chili.  We're bringing some brats to boil in beer (so wisco of us, I know) and I'll recreate this guacamole I made last summer.  I scoured pinterest for a fun dessert and wasn't satisfied with anything I was seeing.  So, I used this recipe to make some flour less peanut butter cookies and got creative with decorating myself.  These are the best peanut butter cookies I have ever had.  I think I ate over half the batter before I even got them in the oven....
*
Preheat oven - 350. 
Beat half cup peanut butter, half cup maple almond butter, one teaspoon vanilla, one egg, and three fourths cup of sugar with a hand mixer until crumbly.  
Make into balls and put one inch apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
Bake for 15 ish minutes.

**
Let cookie sheet cool before taking cookies off.
Then, decorate!  I just melted ghirardelli chocolate chips (vegan by nature!), put the melted chocolate into a plastic baggie and cut the corner.  I spread the chocolate into a football shape.  I used the same method with vanilla frosting to make the laces.

I'm so excited to find such a simple cookie that is gluten free.  I'll be making these again (without the footballs) very soon!


*adorable measuring cups were a birthday gift from my parents from anthropologie
**I'll be doing a diy post on my at home-manicure and the stacked chevron rings I'm wearing soon!

1 comment: