January 26, 2014

EAT REAL FOOD

I first read a book by Michael Pollan back in high school (The Botany of Desire) and have always been fascinated with his work.  I was so excited when one of my favorite blogs, A Cup of Jo, mentioned this short video in a post the other day.  I agree with so many of his ideas and truly believe that taking time to cook food yourself instead of letting a corporation do it for you is a key to a healthy diet and lifestyle.  His book Food Rules is a great one to keep around the house and pick up every once and a while.  One of my favorite takeaways from his 'rules' is to eat real food, which is increasingly hard to do these days.   These ideas are also closely related to a documentary I watched on Saturday called Food Fight.  It's all so inspiring!



No comments:

Post a Comment